I love words almost as much as I love numbers. This dual love explains why I’m an engineer that loves to write. People who love words have favorite words. Okay, that was a broad-brush statement and I normally do not like broad-brush statements but I’m breaking the rules today.
So … (drum roll, please)
My 5 most favorite words are:
- Superb: I used to pronounce it super-b
- Their: in high school typical class it was the word I messed up the most
- Dogleg: as in sharp turn in another direction
- Catty-corner: don’t ask why
- Concentric: had to have one that pointed to geometric things